In order to prepare your returns quickly and accurately, we will need a few pieces of information.
1. For new clients: a. A copy of last year's federal and state returns b. Picture ID (driver's license) c. Social Security cards for you and your dependents.
2. Form W-2 from each employer
3. Form 1099-INT reporting interest income from your bank
4. Tax reporting statements on any other investments
5. If you itemize deductions, we will need: a. Real estate tax paid b. Excise tax paid on your car (this amount is on your car registration) c. Amounts paid to charity and noncash gifts to charity d. Mortgage interest paid (Form 1098 from your mortgage company) e. Union dues, tax preparation fees, investment fees, unreimbursed work-related expenses
6. If you do not usually itemize deductions, we will need: a. Real estate tax paid (if any) b. Rent paid and name and address of your landlord
If you have questions about these items or any other potential deductions, please feel free to call and ask one of our tax preparers. Click the link below to download a client organizer that is designed to help you gather your tax information. Please note that the index includes many items that may not apply to your situation. After downloading the client organizer, you can print the pages that apply to your situation.